Tempo SC Ultra Premise Spray 240ml
Manufacturer: Bayer Animal Health
This product can only be shipped via ground service.
Share with your friends +
Tempo® SC Ultra Premise Spray is designed for broad-spectrum control of crawling, flying and wood-infesting pests. Use to control indoor, outdoor and perimeter pests in and around animal housing, warehouses and processing and packing plants. Makes up to 30 gallons of solution. Please review directions and caution information thoroughly before use.
PESTS CONTROLLED BY TEMPO SC ULTRA*
Indoor Premise Pests
- Crawling Pests: Ants (except Pharaoh), Bedbugs, Carpet beetles, Centipedes, Cockroaches (American, Asian, German, Oriental brown- banded, smoky brown), Crickets, Darkling Beetles, Earwigs, Firebrats, Millipedes, Pillbugs, Silverfish, Sowbugs, Spiders
- Flying Pests: Clothes moths, Gnats, Midges, Mosquitoes, Moths, Wasps, Yellow-jacketsFood Processing Pests(Same crawling & flying pests, pantry & stored product pests as for INDOOR PREMISE) and Fruitflies, Phoridflies and SciaridfliesWood Infesting PestsBeetles, Ambrosia, Deathwatch, False powderpost, Old house borer, Powderpost, Carpenter ants, Termites (Subterranean**, Formosan, Drywood)Outdoor/Perimeter PestsAnts, Bees, Boxelder bugs, Carpenter ants, Cecidflies, Centipedes, Clusterflies, Cockroaches, Crickets, Elm leaf beetle, Fire ants, Firebrats, Flies, Fleas, Gnats, Ground beetles, Hornets, Imported red fire ants, Midges, Millipedes, Mosquitoes, Moths, Scorpions, Silverfish, Spiders, Ticks, Wasps, Yellow-jacketsPantry and Stored Product Pests
- Beetles (exposed adults & immature stages): Cadelle, Cigarette, Confused Flour, Dermestid, Drug-store, Granary weevil, Hide, Larder, Leather, Lesser grain borer, Lesser mealworm, Merchant grain, Mealworm, Red flour, Rice weevil, Sawtoothed grain, Warehouse
- Moths: Indian meal, Mediterranean flour*For GENERAL SURFACE APPLICATION, use 8 milliliters of Tempo SC Ultra per 1000 square feet in sufficient water to adequately cover the area being treated.
*For SPOT, CRACK AND CREVICE APPLICATIONS, mix 8 milliliters Tempo SC Ultra in one gallon of water to make a 0.025% active ingredient concentration.
- **Only for control of above-ground, winged forms of subterranean termites.This product can only be shipped via ground carrier within the contiguous United States. It cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box or via any expedited method that may involve air transport. If you have any questions, please call.
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
IMPORTANT: Read entire label and Conditions of Sale before using TEMPO 20 WP Insecticide.
Do not formulate this product into other end-use products.
FOR STRUCTURAL PEST CONTROL
- Tempo SC Ultra Insecticide is a liquid formulation containing 1 lb active ingredient per gallon, which will provide effective knockdown and residual control of the pests listed in this label.
- Tempo SC Ultra is intended for use as a general surface, spot, mist, or crack and crevice application in and around buildings and structures and their immediate surroundings. Permitted areas of use include, but are not limited to, dairies and dairy product processing plants, grain mills, granaries, greenhouses (structures only), industrial buildings, kitchens, laboratories, livestock housing structures, pet kennels, manufacturing establishments, poultry houses, meat, poultry and egg processing and packing plants, meat and produce canneries, stores, warehouses, and similar structures.
- Tempo SC Ultra is intended to be mixed with water and applied with hand pressurized, power operated sprayers or foam generating equipment. Spray pressure should not exceed 50 PSI at the nozzle tip when used indoors. Add the appropriate amount of product when filling sprayer tank with water, shake or agitate as necessary to mix. Diluted spray mixture can be stored overnight and applied the following day; however, mixture should be agitated prior to application to prevent uneven distribution of product. Before leaving spray mixture unagitated for an extended period of time, release tank pressure and elevate nozzle and hose above tank outlet, activate trigger and drain all dilution from hose back into spray tank. Retighten spray tank lid and do not re-pressurize until starting spray again.
- Tempo SC Ultra will not stain or cause damage to any painted or varnished household surface, plastic, fabric or other surface where water applied alone causes no damage.Tank MixingThe user, at his discretion, can tank mix pesticides currently registered for similar use patterns, unless the product labels specifically prohibit such use. See section Extended Cockroach Control with Insect Growth Regulators. It is always recommended that a small jar compatibility test using proper proportions of chemicals and water be run to check for physical compatibility prior to tank mixing. Tempo SC Ultra is not compatible with disinfectants and should not be tank mixed with them. Tempo SC Ultra and disinfectants should be applied separately as per label directions.General Surface ApplicationUse 8 milliliters of Tempo SC Ultra per 1000 sq ft in sufficient water (under conditions of severe pest infestation or when quicker knock-down and/or residual control is needed, use 16 milliliters of Tempo SC Ultra per 1000 sq ft) to adequately cover the area being treated, but which will not allow dripping or run-off to occur (see Note 1). Use a low pressure system with a fan type nozzle to uniformly apply the dilution. Applications can be made to walls, floors, ceilings, in and around cupboards, between, behind and beneath equipment, appliances, around floor drains, window and door frames, and on the underside of shelves, drawers and in similar areas. Applications may be made to floor surfaces along walls and around air ducts, however, do not treat entire area of floor or floor coverings. All food processing surfaces and utensils should be covered or thoroughly washed following treatment. Cover exposed foodstuffs or remove from area being treated. Re-application can be made at 10-day intervals, if necessary. Do not apply where electrical short circuits could occur. Use a dust or dry bait in these areas. It is recommended to wear safety glasses, goggles or face shield and a respirator when making a general surface treatment to overhead areas.Note 1: Volume of Water Sprays Applied To A Vertical Surface to Attain Appropriate Coverage
Type of Surface
Quarts/1000 Sq Ft
Gallons/1000 Sq Ft
Ceramic tile (glazed)
Latex painted plywood (semigloss)
Unpainted particle board
Cement block (semigloss latex)
Cement block (unfinished)
Spot, Mist or Crack and Crevice Applications
Mix 8 milliliters of Tempo SC Ultra in one gallon of water to make a dilution of 0.025% active ingredient concentration (under conditions of severe pest infestation or when quicker knock-down and/or longer residual control is needed use 16 milliliters of Tempo SC Ultra in one gallon of water to make a dilution of 0.05% active ingredient concentration). Use a low pressure system with a pin-point or variable pattern nozzle or appropriate foam generating equipment to apply the suspension or sufficient volume of foam in specific areas such as: cracks and crevices in or behind baseboards, in floors, walls, expansion joints, areas around water and sewer pipes, wall voids, or voids in table legs and equipment where pests can hide as well as other similar areas. Spot treatments may also be made to areas including but not limited to storage areas, closets, around water pipes, doors and windows, behind and under refrigerators, cabinets, sinks, stoves and other equipment, the underside of shelves, drawers and similar areas. Tempo SC Ultra can be reapplied at 10-day intervals, if necessary. Do not apply where electrical short circuits could occur. Use a dust or dry bait in these areas.
Extended Cockroach Control with Insect Growth Regulators
- Use Tempo SC Ultra in a tank mix combination with an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) for extended control of American, Asian, German, oriental, brown-banded, smoky brown and other species of cockroaches. Use in food areas of food handling establishments only if all products in tank mix are registered for such use.
- Make applications in accordance with those label instructions which are the same for each product. Prepare the tank mix using the recommended rate of Tempo SC Ultra and the IGR of choice by adding the Tempo SC Ultra first and making sure it’s a well mixed dilution, then adding the correct amount of IGR according to it’s label instructions. Follow all label instructions for use patterns and spray intervals from the IGR label to achieve maximum benefit.
- Refer to the appropriate sections of the label for Tempo SC Ultra and the label for the IGR of choice for additional precautions, restrictions, limitations, and application information.Food/Feed Handling Establishment ApplicationsTempo SC Ultra applications are permitted in both food/feed and non-food areas of food/feed handling establishments as a general surface, spot, or crack and crevice treatment. Food/feed handling establishments are defined as places other than private residences in which exposed food/feed is held, processed, prepared or served. Included also are areas for receiving, storing, packing (canning, bottling, wrapping, boxing), preparing, edible waste storage and enclosed processing systems (mills, dairies, edible oils, syrups) of food. Serving areas where food is exposed and the facility is in operation are also considered food areas. General Surface Application: When the facility is in operation or foods are exposed do not apply as a general surface application in food handling areas. Do not apply directly to food products. Cover or remove all food processing and/or handling equipment during application. After application in food processing plants, bakeries, cafeterias and similar facilities, wash all equipment, benches, shelving and other surfaces which food will contact. Clean food handling or processing equipment and thoroughly rinse with clean, fresh water. Spot, Crack and Crevice Application: Spot or crack and crevice applications may be made while the facility is in operation; however, food should be covered or removed from area being treated. Do not apply directly to food or food-handling surfaces.
INDOOR PEST CONTROL
Crawling Insect Pest Control
- For general pests and occasional invaders make applications in a manner as previously described under General Surface, Spot, Mist or Crack and Crevice Application. Particular attention should be given to treating entry points and harborage areas.
- For pantry pest control of exposed adult and immature stages of insects, make application to cupboards, shelving and storage areas. Particular attention should be given to treating cracks and crevices and other harborage areas. Remove all utensils, uncovered foodstuffs (or any with package opened), shelf paper and other objects before spraying. Allow treated surfaces to dry and cover shelves with clean paper before replacing any utensils, foodstuff or other items. Any foodstuff accidentally contaminated with spray dilution should be discarded.
- For stored product pest control of exposed adult and immature stages of insect pests, apply to cracks, crevices, and other surfaces where the pests have been seen or have harborage. Treat warehouses, production facilities, storage areas, and other areas where products are stored before filling with the product. Tempo SC Ultra may be used by pest control operators and grain producers to treat grain storage facilities and other areas noted above for stored product pest control. Cleaning of all areas prior to use of Tempo SC Ultra will increase levels of control. Any foodstuffs infested with pests should be removed and destroyed.
- For use by pest control operators or livestock producers in livestock housing structures (including poultry houses) and pet kennels to control crawling and flying insect pests. Apply as a general surface and/or a crack and crevice spray. Control will be enhanced when facilities are cleaned and interior applications are supplemented with exterior perimeter treatments. Do not make interior applications of Tempo SC Ultra in areas of facility where animals are present. Do not make applications to animal feedstuffs or watering equipment.
- For best results in the high alkaline enivironment of broiler houses due to litter content, pre-acidify mix tank water to a pH of 5.0 or less prior to mixing with water-miscible Tempo.
1/2 cup per one gallon
1 oz per 18 gallons
Sodium bisulfate (poultry water treatment; PWT)
1 oz per 32 gallons
Flying Insect Pest Control (General Surface Spray)
For control of flying insects indoors make application to surfaces as directed under Directions For Use, where the pests collect or rest. Do not apply as a “space spray” application.
OUTDOOR PEST CONTROL
- For control of flying insects outdoors use a 0.05% dilution and make applications to outside surfaces of buildings, porches, patios, garages and other areas where these pests have been seen or found. Use a 0.05% dilution and make pin stream applications directly to the nests of wasps, yellow-jackets and hornets. For perimeter pest control, make a general surface application to outside surfaces of buildings, porches, patios, garages and other adjacent areas where pests have been seen or found. To help prevent infestations of buildings by occasional invaders, treat soil, turf or other substrates adjacent to buildings, the building foundation, walls, around doors and windows, soffit areas where these pests are active and may find entrance or harborage. Apply a minimum of 8 milliliters of Tempo SC Ultra per 1000 sq ft in sufficient water to provide adequate coverage.
- For control of the imported red fire ant, use a 0.05% dilution of Tempo SC Ultra and thoroughly drench or inject the entire mound area. Treat all areas of the mound showing activity to provide contact control of the adult fire ants. Tempo SC Ultra will provide contact activity and residual repellency in the active mound.
- When using the injection treatment method for control of the imported red fire ant, it is essential that treatment be made to the bottom of the active mound. Apply dilution or sufficient volume of foam throughout the mound using a downward and upward motion of the injector tool. Multiple injection sites may be needed to ensure complete distribution of the suspension throughout the active mound.
- Do not use Tempo SC Ultra to treat fire ant mounds in any food crop production area, pasture or area where food crop production may occur.Control of Wood Infesting Pests
- For control of wood infesting beetles on structure surfaces, apply a 0.05% dilution of Tempo SC Ultra. For treatment of small areas, apply by brushing or spraying the suspension evenly on wood surfaces. For large or overhead areas, apply as a coarse spray to thoroughly cover the area. Cover all surfaces below the area being sprayed with plastic sheeting or other material which can be disposed of by placing in trash if contamination from dripping occurs. Sprayed surfaces should be avoided until the treated area is completely dry.
- For control of above ground termites and wood-infesting beetles in localized areas, apply a 0.05% dilution or sufficient volume of foam of Tempo SC Ultra to voids and galleries in damaged wood, and in spaces between wooden structural members and between the sill plate and foundation where wood is vulnerable.
- Such applications for termites are not a substitute for mechanical alteration, soil treatment or foundation treatment, but are merely a supplement. For active termite infestations, get a professional inspection.
|Cyfluthrin, cyano(4-fluoro-3-phenoxyphenyl)methyl 3-(2,2-dichloroethenyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate||20%|
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Avoid breathing spray mist. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking or using tobacco. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
If on skin
- Take off contaminated clothing.
- Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.If inhaled
- Move person to fresh air.
- If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.If in eyes
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.If swallowed
- Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything to an unconscious person.Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. The Bayer Kansas City Emergency Response Telephone No. is 800-414-0244.Note to Physician: No specific antidote is available. Treat the patient symptomatically.Environmental Hazards
- This pesticide is extremely toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. Remove from premises or tightly cover fish tanks and disconnect aerators when applying indoors where such containers are present. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift from treated areas. Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. Do not contaminate water when cleaning equipment or when disposing of equipment wash waters. Apply this product only as specified on this label.
- This pesticide is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on crops or weeds. Do not apply Tempo SC Ultra insecticide or allow it to drift onto crops or weeds on which bees are actively foraging. Additional information may be obtained by consulting your Cooperative Extension Service.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.Pesticide Storage:Store in a cool, dry place and in such a manner as to prevent cross contamination with other pesticides, fertilizers, food, and feed. Store in original containers and out of the reach of children, preferably in a locked storage area. Handle and open container in a manner as to prevent spillage. If the container is leaking or material spilled for any reason or cause, carefully dam up spilled material to prevent runoff. Refer to Precautionary Statements on label for hazards associated with the handling of this material. Do not walk through spilled material. Absorb spilled material with absorbing type compounds and dispose of as directed for pesticides below. In spill or leak incidents, keep unauthorized people away.Pesticide Disposal:Pesticide wastes are hazardous. Improper disposal of excess pesticide, spray mixture, or rinsate is a violation of Federal law. If these wastes cannot be disposed of by use according to label instructions, contact your State Pesticide or Environmental Control Agency, or the Hazardous Waste representative at the nearest EPA Regional Office for guidance.Container DisposalDo not use container in connection with food, feed, or drinking water. Completely empty container into application equipment. Triple rinse (or equivalent). Then offer for recycling or reconditioning, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or incineration, or if allowed by state and local authorities, by burning. If burned, stay out of smoke.